NANCY URANKAR, M.D.
NU House Calls
P.O. Box 490
Coopersburg, PA 18036
Phone: 610-393-3966 Fax: 484-863-4166
Dr. Nancy Urankar, the “NU” in “NU House Calls,” is an established Lehigh Valley physician. Her new practice offers the Lehigh Valley area home-based treatment and diagnostic services normally found in a physician’s office or outpatient clinic setting.
NU House Calls is a medical practice “on wheels.” Dr. Urankar began this unique practice when it became apparent that medicine practiced in the “traditional” setting did not fully meet patients’ needs. The privacy and convenience of being seen in one’s home or office lends itself more fully to the comprehensive approach to medical care so essential today.
Dr. Urankar is a general internist (with a geriatric specialty) who has more than 25 years experience in the private practice, hospital, assisted-living and nursing home environments. She is board certified, and a member of the American College of Physicians and the Pennsylvania Medical Society.
The difference between a house call and a traditional doctor’s office visit – more privacy, personal and comfortable care. Quality care that is more convenient without wasted waiting time. Call NU House Calls when you are ill or just not feeling right. Once Dr. Urankar arrives, she will.....
- Obtain your medical history
- Perform an appropriate examination
- Discuss her findings and thoroughly explain her diagnosis
- Educate you about your condition and the medication she intends to prescribe
- Make sure any questions and concerns are discussed and answered
- Dispense medication(s) and/or provide prescriptions
- Summarize and plan for a follow-up visit if necessary
Dr. Urankar will also provide, as part of your participation fee, preventive health services and an annual health assessment at your location so that you and she can develop a schedule of regular screenings and check-ups to keep you on the road to good health. Services such as ...
- Physical examinations
- Medication management and medication refills
- Health and exercise assessment
- Flu shots and other vaccines
- Diabetic screening and monitoring
- Coumadin management
In addition, as part of her practice, Dr. Urankar can arrange and coordinate a spectrum of limited additional services that can also be performed in your home. These services include ultrasound, X-rays, psychological counseling, pharmacy consulting, and geriatric fitness assessments.
To enroll in NU House Calls, please call 610-393-3966.