A recent study conducted at Brigham and Women's Hospital concluded that loneliness may be a very early sign of Alzheimer's. Otherwise cognitively healthy people who report feelings of loneliness have higher levels of the Alzheimer's protein amyloid-beta in the brain - a discovery that was not linked to depression. The experience of feeling lonely also was not connected to how extensive a person's social networks were. It turned out that people who had higher levels of amyloid-beta reported loneliness more often. For each level of increase in amyloid-beta, the risk of loneliness also increased. The study, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed(/27806159, was published in Jama Psychiatry (http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry) .
About One Call Senior Services
One Call Senior Services is comprised of experts in the Geriatric and Elder Care Arena. Our goal is to provide education, guidance and solutions to families with regard to determining how to best care for their aging family member or for planning for future needs. We can offer our expertise to you in the following areas:
- Estate planning, wills, trusts, power of attorneys, and long-term asset protection planning by an Elder Law Attorney
- Help with identifying problems with loved ones, Guidance, advice, and transitional management by a Geriatric Care Manager
- Help with maintaining independence and safety in one's own home with a non-medical home care agency
- Medical management in your home with an In-home Physician
- Smooth moving and transition to a new living environment with the help of a dedicated realtor and a move management company
- Home delivered meals with friendly door to door service.
If you need help with planning for the future of your loved one or help with a crisis, contact us now to speak with one of our talented and compassionate specialists. Phone: (610) 674-2210; Email: LVSeniorServices@gmail.com.