Have you ever thought about joining a gym and walked right back out when you noticed it was full of young, fit-looking people? That's called "gymtimidation", according to www.planetfitness.com. Here are some tips for overcoming gymtimidation:
- Start slowly
- Don't be afraid to ask for help.
- Don't be too distressed or discouraged by discomfort. Exercise will become easier over time, and it won't take you as long to recover from discomfort.
- Find a workout buddy.
- Take advantage of special promotions to try out a gym to see if it's the right one for you.
About the Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council
The Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council was created in 2009 to promote awareness of resources available to older adults and their families. The Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council is comprised of experts in the Geriatric and Elder Care Arena. Our goal is to provide education, guidance and solutions to families with regard to determining how to best care for their aging family member or for planning for future needs. We can offer our expertise to you in the following areas:
- Estate planning, wills, trusts, power of attorneys, and long-term asset protection planning by an Elder Law Attorney
- Help with identifying problems with loved ones, Guidance, advice, and transitional management by a Geriatric Care Manager
- Help with maintaining independence and safety in one's own home with a non-medical home care agency
- Medical management in your home with an In-home Physician
- Smooth moving and transition to a new living environment with the help of a dedicated realtor and a move management company
- Home delivered meals with friendly door to door service.
Most individuals are concerned about making the right decisions for their loved ones. The Lehigh Valley Senior Services Council can help you do just that. If you need help with planning for the future of your loved one or help with a crisis, contact us now to speak with one of our talented and compassionate specialists. Phone: (610) 674-2210; Email: LVSeniorServices@gmail.com.